Geotechnics ME Courses
The following courses may be taught and used toward the Geotechnics degree, depending on instructor availability and student demand.
GEOLOGICAL ENGINEERING COURSES:
- GEO ENG 5099 Research
- GEO ENG 5235 Environment Geological Engineering
- GEO ENG 5237 Geological Aspects of Environmental Geollogical Engineering
- GEO ENG 5315 Statistical Methods in Environmental Geology and Eng
- GEO ENG 5331 Subsurface Hydrogeology
- GEO ENG 5332 Fundamentals of Groundwater Hydrology
- GEO ENG 5381 Intermediate Subs.Hydrogeology and Cont. Trans. Mechs.
- GEO ENG 5415 Soil Mechanics for Geoprofessionals
- GEO ENG 5441 Engineering Geology and Geotechnics
- GEO ENG 5443 Subsurface Exploration
- GEO ENG 5471 Rock Engineering
- GEO ENG 5761 Transportation Applications of Geophysics
- GEO ENG 5782 Environmental and Engineering Geophysics
- GEO ENG 6099 Research
- GEO ENG 6235 Advance Concepts of Environmental Geological Engineering
- GEO ENG 6237 Adv. Geological & Geotechnical Design for Haz. Waste Sites
- GEO ENG 6400 Practice Oriented Project
- GEO ENG 6407 Inca Civilization Geotechnical Engineering Practices
- GEO ENG 6441 Engineering Geology and Geotechnics II
- GEO ENG 6477 Discontinuous Rock
- GEO ENG 6782 Surface Waves (MASW) and Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR)
- GEO ENG 6784 Advanced Engineering and Environmental Geophysics
MINING ENGINEERING COURSES:
- MIN ENG 4823 Rock Mechanics
- MIN ENG 4742 Environmental Aspects of Mining
- MIN ENG 6842 Advanced Rock Mechanics
EXPLOSIVES ENGINEERING COURSES:
- EXP ENG 5612 Principles of Explosives Engineering
- EXP ENG 5622 Blasting Design and Technology
- EXP ENG 6412 Environmental Controls for Blasting
CIVIL ENGINEERING COURSES:
- CIV ENG 5715 Intermediate Soil Mechanics
- CIV ENG 5716 Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering
- CIV ENG 5729 Foundation Engineering II
- CIV ENG 5744 Geosynthetics in Engineering
- CIV ENG 6713 Dynamics of Earth Materials
- CIV ENG 6715 Advanced Soil Mechanics
- CIV ENG 6716 Soil Stabilization
- CIV ENG 6717 Earth Dams and Related Problems
1. Department prerequisites will apply to individual courses.
2. Students should check the Missouri S&T Course Catalog for course descriptions, and check with instructors to determine the method of delivery, and the amount, if any, of deviation from the in-class syllabus.
- Request Information
- Ready to Apply?
Haven't decided if you want to apply yet? No worries. Just click the Request Information button and fill out the form. We'll respond to your request within 24 hours. You can always email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 573-341-6714 with any questions.
Ready to Apply?
Before you apply online, make sure you have all your application materials gathered. Click here for details. If you need help, email Vicki Gibbons in Student Support Services at email@example.com, or call 573-341-4892, or toll free 1-877-678-1870 and she will walk you through the application process.
Dr. Norbert H. Maerz
Missouri University of
Science and Technology
214 A Rock Mechanics
Rolla, MO 65409-0660
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com